Welcome to Footville, Wisconsin
Village Hall Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 9am - Noon
Afternoon hours vary. Please call for an appointment: 608-876-6116
The Village office will be closed Thursday & Friday, December 25 & 26 for the Christmas Holiday
2014 Taxes & Winter News
- 2014 Tax bills were mailed on December 11th. If you have not received yours let us know at the Village Hall.
- RESIDENT HOME OWNERS - Check your bill to make sure you received the Lottery Credit!
- Be sure to read the Winter Newsletter enclosed with your tax bill. It contains important Village information.
- LANDLORDS & TENANTS - Anyone who did not get a newsletter because they don't receive a tax bill can pick one up at the Village Hall, or contact us to send one to you.
Snow and Ice Ordinances
- PARKING AFTER A SNOWFALL - Vehicles must be moved off the streets any time there is 1" or more of snow to plow. Violators will be issued a citation for a minimum of $50.00.
- SIDEWALKS - Sidewalks must be cleared of snow and ice by 10:00 a.m. or within 2 hours after it stops snowing per Ordinance 5.09. The Village will charge fees and costs to the owner when this is not done and the Village has the maintenance done.
- FIRE HYDRANTS - Please keep hydrants clear of snow for the fire department to access in case of an emergency!
- STREETS - Please do not blow, plow, or shovel into the street. This causes a hazard for vehicles.
Meetings and Caucus
- A special meeting of the Board has been called for tonight, Tuesday, December 23, 2014 regarding a Public Works employment vacancy. See the notice under Agendas in the Government tab.
- The next monthly Village Board meeting will be held Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 7:00 pm at the Village Hall, 156 Depot Street.
- Meeting minutes and agendas - including the 2015 Budget - can be viewed under the "Government" tab above.
- The Village Caucus will be held Monday, January 12, 2015 to nominate candidates for Village President and Trustees on the April 7, 2015 ballot.
- The Notice of Spring Election, which lists the incumbents, is posted in "Agendas" under the "Government" tab.
0% Interest Home Loans
- Interest-free loans are available to help qualified first-time home buyers with their loan, and to help current home owners and landlords rehabilitate their property.
- Projects may include a new furnace, roof, siding, or windows; plumbing, electrical, basement, or foundation repairs; lead-based paint removal; accessibility options, etc.
- For more information contact our Grant Administrator Barb Gabrielson at Crispell-Snyder - (800) 762-0665.
Footville Water Utility
- Due to the freezing temperatures, the weekly flushing of the fire hydrants has been suspended until spring of 2015.
- If you have a water or sewer utility emergency after hours, please contact Public Works Director Jeramie Mielke at (608) 751-4206.
Ezra Foote Memorial Manor
- Ezra Foote Memorial Manor has apartments for seniors or persons with disabilities. Rent is based on 30% of income with medical, sewer, and water deductible.
- Call Charrys Woodstock at (608) 751-6502 for more information on Ezra Foote Memorial Manor.
Americans with Disabilities Act
The Village of Footville does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services or activities. The Village does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices. Questions, concerns, complaints or requests for additional information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act may be forwarded to the Village Hall.